Top 20 Signs You are Training
(Too) Hard for Your Next Ultra
#20. you leave drop bags beside your bed for late night snacks. DerrickNote: Thanks to Derrick who sent me this line as an idea for an "URG".
I thought it sounded like the start of a Great TOP 10 List.
19. you find yourself asking strangers in the grocery store to pace you through the frozen food section.
18. you insist your family uses headlamp light exclusively after Dusk.
17. your dog thinks it is so cute the way your feet and arms move when you sleep.
16. you've used your new altimeter watch to chart the elevation climb from the basement to the living room to the bedroom and have set a PR on the course...3x's
15. you wake your spouse up every night shouting "GU, more GU, I need more GU"
14. 3 days before the race you try to convince yourself that a quick little 50 km run couldn't hurt and might actually loosen things up.
#13. you swear your trying really hard but you just can't come up with an entry for this Top 20 List. David
#12. your friends and family stage a running intervention...before you get outed at iRunFar.com like DK . Sara & EJ
#11. you wax your chest hair to improve the signal of your heart rate monitor. JD
#10. you start getting really tired of eating all the time. Sara
#9. your mother is trying to figure out what she was eating while pregnant to have such a crazy kid(s). Anonymous
#8. you set 3 alarms for your race and wake-up before any of them go off. Ron
#7. when your coach tells you the 3 Day Rock and Ice Ultra is a good idea and you agree with him! :)
#6. You refuse to buy the latest Garmin GPS watch because the battery life is ONLY 20 hours; JD
#5. you spend more time getting your gear ready for a long run then getting ready for a wedding, including your own. Derrick & Sara
#4. you don't think of yourself as behind schedule until you've seen the 2nd sunrise. Lakewood
#3. When your work schedule changes and the first you do is, request vacation time to cover planned races,
next you see what other races you can attend and then you tell your wife you don't have enough vacation time booked to attend the Cousins Wedding! Ron
#2. you realize that SLEEP is cutting into your RUNNING time!! Bryon
#1. you never leave the house without a piece of toilet paper in your pocket!! Evan
Thank-you again to everyone who entered or who thought about entering or who meant to enter but never got around to it. I hope we can all get together and do this again sometime.